Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow kimcrawley.com- Bright Ideas

Monday, October 11, 2010

Movin' on up!








  Well, I have some great news to share with you, my wonderful and loyal readers!

   I only started this blog on September 15th, so as of today, October 11th, I've been doing this for less than a month.

  In the last couple of weeks, I've averaged over 500 hits per week.  It's been incredible, and great for my ego.

  Oh, I know what you may be thinking.  You probably think I'm going to abandon Kimcrawley.com - Bright Ideas.  If that's what you're thinking, you're wrong.

  But, this seems to be going places, and I'm going to get even busier.  Blogcritics.org has selected me to write for them.  A lot of doors are opening for me very quickly, and I couldn't be more excited.

  Blogcritcs calls itself a 'sinister cabal of superior writers'.  I guess that makes me a superior writer now!  I've always been a little sinister.

  The Blogcritics.org website receives over 700,000 hits per WEEK.  (Yes, those are the correct amount of zeros.)  Eric Olsen started it in 2002.  Blogcritics is now a part of the Technorati network, and Blogcritics content is widely read and circulated all over the 'interwebs'.  

  This is a great opportunity for me, because I'll now be able to receive CDs, video games, books, and possibly other items to review.  I'll also find it easier to interview fascinating and notable people.  I love doing interviews!  And of course, I expect to get a lot more hits here, as well.  Blogspot and Blogger.com are on Google servers, so I'm sure I can handle a few thousand extra hits here.

  KimCrawley.com is a different story, because that's served off of a 75 GB/month account I have with Black Sun.  But, if I have to pay more for more bandwidth, that's the kind of problem I want to have!  So, yes, I'm still doing a lot of work in web design and graphic design.  If my quickly growing blogging ventures drive more and more traffic and interest to my freelancing services, I'll be really thrilled, indeed.

  So, all this extra stuff in my lap is slowing down my project to convert kimcrawley.com and buchalterconsulting.ca to HTML5 and CSS3.  But my readers here can look forward to my continuing my A Brief History of the Web series very soon, among a lot of other ideas I have for this blog.

  I'll continue to write original content for THIS blog, and I'll be writing original content on Blogcritics.  So, if you want to read all of my blogging, you can't just go to one place anymore.  




  I strongly encourage my readers to visit Blogcritics if you haven't already.  There are a lot of excellent writers there, blogging about EVERYTHING.  I'm so honoured to be one of them now.

  This all started for me on Saturday, when Blogcritcs' Twitter at twitter.com/Blogcritics started following me.  I hadn't even started following them, yet.  

  One of the downsides is that with all of this work, I've hardly had any time to play video games!  Again, that's one of those problems I don't mind having.

  I'd like to thank all of my readers, and I'll continue to do my best to create quality content for you!

  Thanks,
           Kim



Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kim_crawley
Freelance web design: http://www.kimcrawley.com



No comments:

Post a Comment