I return to my Project HTML5 series, immediately after my most recent HTML5 post.
Here's an index of previous posts in this series, if you've missed any:
- Getting ready for HTML5
- Getting ready for HTML5- New tags, part one
- Getting ready for HTML5- The video tag<
- Getting ready for HTML5- New tags, part two
Now for an exciting post about which browsers support HTML5, and how well, so far. I found a couple of handy resources. Go ahead and try html5test.com. Whichever browser you're using, it will give you a detailed, graded report as to how well your browser supports HTML5. The screenshot below shows MY result when I tried the site about an hour ago. For the curious, my OS is Windows XP (don't laugh), and the browser I was using (and the browser I use most often) is Google Chrome 6.0.472.63 beta, the most recent version of Chrome as of this writing.
- Opera 10.62 for Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Safari 5.0.2 for XP, Vista and 7
- Firefox 3.6.10 for Windows
- Google Chrome 6 for XP, Vista and 7